Learn Affirmative Psychotherapy
Frustrated by the lack of intermediate to advanced resources for working with LGBTQIA+, consensually non-monogamous, and kinky communities?
Go beyond the basics at the Affirmative Couch.
Sign up for our newsletter below.
By subscribing to our newsletter, you will:
- Get unique coupon codes for our courses and Lifetime Membership
- Be the first to learn about our courses when they go live
- Stay up-to-date with the latest articles from our online magazine, Out on the Couch, which is written by affirmative therapists
- Learn about how you can share your own expertise as an affirmative therapist
The Affirmative Couch courses focus on clinical work with people who are:
- LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, queer, transgender, gender non-binary, queer, intersex, asexual, aromantic, etc.)
- Consensually non-monogamous (polyamorous, in open relationships, into swinging, etc.)
- Kinky (people engaging in or interested in bondage, domination, discipline, sadism, submission, masochism, fetish, roleplay, etc.)
What therapists are saying ...
“One of the first investments I made when opening Kindred Psychology was to purchase a Lifetime Membership to Affirmative Couch. An important mission of our Counseling Psychology group practice is to provide inclusive and affirming clinical services for LGBTQ+ populations. Affirmative Couch trainings have been an integral component of ensuring we accomplish this mission by helping us expand and refine our existing knowledge base. We have found trainings to be theoretically grounded, informative, sex-positive, strengths-based, holistic, non-shaming, and trauma informed. We also have appreciated the way trainings are tailored to be responsive to a variety of learning styles and abilities. Affirmative Couch trainings have prompted deeper discussions in case reviews, and have been meaningful to our non-clinical staff members as well. As a psychologist, practice founder, and member of the queer community, I highly recommend Affirmative Couch trainings as a high-quality, affordable way to support LGBTQ+ cultural proficiency.”
– Camie Nitzel, PhD LP
Founder of Kindred Psychology, Licensed Psychologist
The Affirmative Couch, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Affirmative Couch, LLC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.