Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, TAC may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- License Number
- Business Address
- Phone number
If you purchase TAC’s products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
TAC may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your:
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
TAC collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the services you have requested.
TAC may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from TAC and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business [and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them].
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Affirmative Couch’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Affirmative Couch about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Tracking User Behavior
TAC may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within TAC, in order to determine what TAC services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within TAC to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by TAC. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the TAC website.
The following is how information may be automatically collected:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services or programs, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although, we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
TAC secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. TAC uses the following methods for this purpose:
– SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Children Under Thirteen
TAC does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Your California Privacy Rights.
If you are a resident of the State of California and The Affirmative Couch has an established business relationship with you, then, pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, you have the right to request the following at any time: (a) information from TAC free of charge regarding the manner in which TAC certain personal information collected through the Site and/or the Apps with third parties who use such information for direct marketing purposes; and (b) the discontinuation (or opt-out) of TAC sharing of such information with such third parties. Please submit any such request (“California Privacy Rights Request”) to any one of the following:
The Affirmative Couch attn.: Site Administrator,
with a subject line of “Your California Privacy Rights.”
firstname.lastname@example.org , with a subject line of “Your California Privacy Rights.”
For each California Privacy Rights Request, please state “Your California Privacy Rights” in the e-mail or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- the nature of your request;
- that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights;”
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code, and e-mail address; and whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or e-mail.
- If you send a California Privacy Rights Request by mail, then please do so by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery, and tracking. TAC will not accept a California Privacy Rights Request via telephone or fax; and is not responsible for a California Privacy Rights Request that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled, or incorrectly sent.
- You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of your personal information, and for keeping your personal information current and correct.
Further, TAC does not respond to “do not track” (DNT) signals.
Changes to this Statement
TAC welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that TAC has not adhered to this Statement, please contact TAC at:
The Affirmative Couch